Leeds Code Enforcement Officer
Position open, Hiring now
Department: Public Works
Job Name: Code Enforcement Officer
Performs reactive affirmation of zoning, ordinance violations within Leeds, Utah, and initiates and ensures actions are taken to achieve compliancy.
Four (4) years of closely related experience; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
A valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Utah is required.
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of specific duties and responsibilities will not preclude it from the position.
- Provides written notice of ordinance violations to appropriate parties.
- Identifies and initiates any special inspection requirements and ensures that conformance with these requirements is obtained and all follow-ups and holds are observed.
- Inspects for compliance following notice and prior to legal action.
- Answer questions and provides information and direction regarding land use requirements and ordinance application.
- Provides inspections and enforcement for encroachment violations and other non-conforming problems.
- Assists the District Attorney’s office, Leeds Town Hearing Officer, in legal complaint preparation and prosecution of cases involving violations of county ordinances and/or commission requirements for which the department is responsible. Testifies in court as required.
- Researches, gathers information, and prepares active compliance cases in preparation for court hearings. Reports back to the Hearing Officer or Judge after trial.
- Officiates court ordered clean-up, directing the work of involved agencies and departments and ensuring the entire property is cleaned in accordance with court orders.
- Assists in training of new section personnel in office and field procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA)
- Zoning, Planning and Subdivision Ordinances.
- Laws and regulations pertaining to legal boundaries.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Work with computer software related to job specific duties.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Be a self-starter, self-managed individual.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Exposed to the hazards associated with construction sites.
Requires occasional field work; may work in all types of weather.
Must be able to walk/hike up hills that may or may not have established trails.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume to email@example.com, or fax to 435-879-6905
You may call 435-879-2447 with any questions.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest